25 signatures reached
To: Irish Government
Referendum on Housing
Run a Referendum on Housing urgently.
A Referendum to amend the Irish Constitution, is the only way to stop recurring Housing crises and deal with the current Housing emergency. Tweaking the existing laws will not address the fundamental root cause of Housing in Ireland.
Why is this important?
A Referendum is essential:-
1. to deliver affordable homes
2. to stop Rack Rent preventing young people from saving for their own homes
3. to prevent Evictions unless decided by the Courts.
... and ...
- to stop Vulture funds competing with first time buyers.
- to stop recurring Housing crises.
- to reduce the cost of build
- to reduce the funding requirements for small and SME builders to build houses.
- to increase competition in the housing supply.
- to deliver proportionate amount of social homes.
- to remove the Central Bank constraints on Irish citizens not applicable to foreign vulture funds or local councils competing for homes.