1,000 signatures reached
To: Dáil Éireann
Support the Dáil Motion to Sanction Israel
Please support the SocDems Dáil Motion calling for sanctions on the Israeli Government in response to breaches of humanitarian law and the killing of thousands of civilians in Gaza.
Why is this important?
We need your support to ensure a majority of TDs in Dáil Éireann back our motion calling for the Government to:
- Intensify its advocacy for an immediate ceasefire and the release of hostages.
- Provide strong leadership at EU level to advocate for economic sanctions on Israel, including:
- Suspension of the EU-Israel Association Agreement on the basis of a serious breach of the essential elements human rights clause in that agreement.
- Suspension of the EU-Israel Horizon Europe Association Agreement and Israel’s access to the €95 billion Horizon Europe fund for research and innovation.
- Make a referral to the International Criminal Court requesting that it investigate whether members of the Israeli government and military have committed war crimes, genocide and crimes against humanity in Gaza.
- Enact the Control of Economic Activity (Occupied Territories) Bill 2018 and the Illegal Israeli Settlements Divestment Bill 2023 as a matter of urgency.
- Withdraw the diplomatic status of the Israeli Ambassador given the failure of the Israeli State to cease the deliberate targeting of civilians, journalists, UN staff and healthcare workers.
- Pursue all possible avenues at the EU and the UN to build an international alliance for peace to provide a pathway away from violence and back to the negotiation table.